Re: other trouble with nnimap

Jody Klymak <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> I had the same problem and had to byte-compile from within emacs (M-x
> byte-compile) the lisp files one by one.  Note that its not really
> necessary to get nnimap to run - it should run fine with or without
> byte-compiling.  I'm guessing the emacs -batch command interacts funny
> with the shell - probably and NTEmacs problem.
>
> Cheers,   Jody

>     DC> When I try to compile the package, I get the following "end of
>     DC> file during parsing errors" (include at the end of this email)

It is super cool that emacs runs uncompiled lisp, but compiled lisp
does go faster.

You can go into dired, mark all the elisp files with 'm', and then
byte-compile them with 'B'.  I think I have overheard people saying
that they had trouble with byte compiling from makefiles in NT.

--
--Ed Cashin
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu