Re: dealing with appointments

[Off-topic.  Apologies ! ]

John Saylor wrote :

> I use EUDC which has hooks to bbdb [ro vice versa] to navigate this
> situation. The Outlook servers also do IMAP, so that allows me to
> search for email addresses without leaving our beloved [x]emacs.
>
> I don't have it configured quite as I'd like. What I'd like to do is
> have bbdb kick off a search of the ldap server if the address I'm
> looking for doesn't exist in the local database. I'm sure this is
> possible, I just haven't waded through the lisp to figure it out
> yet.

It's been a while since I used EUDC (I changed jobs in June and am now
Directory Serverless, so it's just my BBDB now :), but I had this
working - ie. if I typed in "First Last" in a To: header and called
'eudc-expand-inline'[1], it would check bbdb then the directory
server.

There's no lisp involved, you can do it all through M-x customize RET
eudc

If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll dig up the
relevant bits to set.

Footnotes:
[1]  well, I was using Kai's wonderful message-x.el to call this when
     I hit Tab, but anyway...

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                    vegetarianism shy democracy host whitey