Re: Typing in password multiple times AND ampersands in mailbox names

Tim Wilson <tdw@symbionics.co.uk> writes:

> My first question is: Emacs asks me for my IMAP password once for
> every group I have subscribed to using nnimap.  As I'm using nnimap
> for more and more, I'm getting tired of typing in my password again
> and again!  Does anyone have suggestions about how to avoid this?

Please compare the nnimap select method in
`gnus-secondary-select-methods' and the one if press `G e' on your
nnimap folders? They should be the same, if they differ, a separate
connection will be opened for every group and you'll need to enter the
password again and again...

Replace all `G e' methods with "nnimap:exchange" and the groups will
use the one defined in your .gnus. I know, this should be the default,
but I'm haven't spotted all places where Gnus add list method instead
of a string method so this has to be done manually some times.

> My second question is: I am unable to make nnimap read any mailbox (aka
> folder) that has an ampersand ('&') character in its name.
> Renaming the mailbox (via Outlook/Exchange) to remove the ampersand
> solves the problem.  Any suggestions?

I wasn't able to repeat this. In a later message you said the problem
disappeared. If you see the problem again, please save your *imap-log*
buffer and mail it to me -- then I can tell if there's anything wrong
with the UTF7 encoding. Thanks.