Re: Expiry problems...

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

 > John S Cooper <John.Cooper@citrix.com> writes:
 >
 > > However, since switching to nnimap, I now notice that many articles
 > > which should have been expired (marked E and older than 7 days) are
 > > now displayed with the ancient "O" mark when I enter the group with
 > > a prefix argument.
 >
 > What happens when you try to view them?  If that produces an error and
 > the article isn't there, then you have hit the overview cache problem:
 > nnimap caches overview entries on the local disk, but the cache isn't
 > cleaned of old entries.

No errors - they display fine and the "O" mark changes into the "E" mark again
when the messages are read.

.. so I guess it's not a problem with the overview cache, as the messages
haven't been deleted on the IMAP server.

Any other ideas?  Perhaps I should just switch back to expiring when I quit the
summary buffer and see if that fixes things.  Does "deferred expiry" via the
demon work properly for other people using nnimap?

    --- John