Re: requirements

Christian Lynbech <chl@tbit.dk> writes:

> One of the thing that isn't work so well with the current agent
> implementation is updating an otherwise unplugged session.
>
> If one has downloaded a batch of articles, then read some, and then
> wants to download new messages, it is currently necessary to
> synchronize first and then download in order to avoid already read
> articles to reappear as unread.

Yes, when you select the group when plugged, Gnus will update your
local flags with those from the server.

Is there a reason not to `J Y' when you plug in, so the server is
updated?  I think everything should work the way you want it, then.

`J Y' should be run automatically when you plug in, it's too easy to
forget otherwise.