RFC 4398 (was: RFC 2538bis)
This page contains resources related to revising RFC 2538.
With the publication of RFC 4398, this project is now finished.
This work was sponsored by Simon Josefsson Datakonsult. If you
need commercial help with utilizing this technology, or have a
related project that you want help with, please feel free to
contact me. If you
find my work in this area useful, also please consider making a
donation. No amount is too small!
- Input documents
See also the
IETF I-D tracker records.
and later of GnuPG
support CERT RRs.
- RFC 4398
- Posted a
proposal on how to solve David's problem.
- David Shaw implemented CERT RRs for gpg, and found a
asked the WG about what to do about indirect types.
- The IANA found a problem in the document, and I proposed a
resolution of it.
- 2005-10-10 ... 2005-10-18
- Addressed IESG review comments and answered questions
about the document. Submitted -09.
- Submitted -08.
- Pekka Savola suggested to add a "reference" column to the
IANA table. Incorporated the suggestion and prepared
- Received note about missing IANA considerations from
Ólafur Guđmundsson, so I added the reference column and
- For the past days, discussed and incorporated last-call
fixes for -06. The last call comments from Edward Lewis and
Pekka Savola, as well as the post-last call comments from
Peter Koch and Marcos Sanz has been resolved. Handling the
last call comment from Douglas Otis remains, although some
fixes to address it has been added.
- Submitted -05.
more comments, prepared -05.
- Received and acted on two anonymous review comments made
to the IESG forwarded by Sam Hartman. Started working on a
WG -05 document.
- Responded to the three
last call comments and incorporated some changes.
Incorporated fixes for English mistakes received privately
from Jason Sloderbeck. Submitted WG -04 document.
- IETF-wide last call issued, ending 2005-08-24.
- Received final writeup feedback from Olaf Kolkman, and
status update was posted.
- Edited and submitted WG -02 document.
WGLC summary was posted.
- WG last call
announced for WG -01 document.
- Fixed several things based on feedback from several
people, and added "indirect" types as per Ben Laurie's
suggestion. WG -01 draft published.
- Incorporated proposed changes and made general
improvements, to make the document ready for WG last
- Draft -01 published in IETF I-D repository.
- Incorporated received suggestions and prepared -01.
Asked the DNSEXT WG to continue review of it, and
proposed solutions to all open issues.
Asked the OpenPGP WG,
PKIX WG, to review the relevant sections.
DNSEXT WG to review the document.
- Draft -00 published in IETF I-D repository.
- Converted 2538 to XML, to be able to compare
differences, and had a rough -00 ready.
- Asked 2538 authors in private correspondence
whether an update was in progress.