Re: message count

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.nnimap@utdallas.edu> writes:

> Since using nnimap, I've created some folders using nnimap itself.
> I have no problems and these folders fit in place and work just like
> the others.  Except, when I start up gnus, these folders are not
> polled.  Instead, the new message count is a "*", and is not updated
> until after opening that folder.  (To be honest, I wouldn't mind if
> some, if not most, of my other "original" folders did that as well,
> to speed up start up.)

Type `G e' on an old group and on a new group.  When I did this, it
reported something like (nnimap "" (nnimap-address "serverhost")) for
the old groups and (nnimap "") for the new ones.  I went through all
new groups and manually adjusted the stuff there, and everything was
fine and dandy ever since.  I'm not sure if this is patched in the
current nnimap release already, but Simon knows about it.

If you wish not to update the read status of all groups, I suggest to
use levels.  The variable gnus-activate-level specifies that groups
with a level higher than this one will not be activated at startup
(thus leaving you with "*").

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.