Re: message count

Amos Gouaux <amos+lists.nnimap@utdallas.edu> writes:

> Since using nnimap, I've created some folders using nnimap itself.
> I have no problems and these folders fit in place and work just like
> the others.  Except, when I start up gnus, these folders are not
> polled.  Instead, the new message count is a "*", and is not updated
> until after opening that folder.

What does `G E' on theese groups show? Especially the fifth field (I
think it is), the select method. Is it different from the one in
`gnus-secondary-select-method'?

When you create groups with `G m' (possibly also auto-creation) the
group info for that group contains a messed up select method.

> (To be honest, I wouldn't mind if some, if not most, of my other
> "original" folders did that as well, to speed up start up.)

Me too. Fetching number of unread articles per folder can be done
asynchronously, I've been playing some with it.